About the project, Responsible organisations, Project resources
About the pilot experience, Expected activities and timeline, Benefits
Selection criteria, Costs covered, How to apply and estimated timeline
1. Background information
About the project
The EntreComp4Transition project aims to develop new, innovative, multidisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning, paving the way for the future “Green Transition Facilitator” by fostering an entrepreneurial mindset, facilitating co-creation, and ensuring recognition of learning outcomes. The project, co-funded by the European Union, is an alliance between SMEs (represented by the Chambers of Commerce), Higher Education/Vocational Education and Training (HE/VET) Institutions in 5 different country clusters: Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain and Türkiye.
Activities include an in-depth analysis of skills gaps, the development of a dual blended methodology with innovative learning content delivered via a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) in line with European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) and European Quality Assurance Reference Framework for Vocational Education and Training (EQAVET) frameworks, pilot sessions, a mobility scheme, and the creation of open badges to support Higher Education/Vocational Education and Training (HE/VET) and enable businesses to verify acquired competencies.
For more information, visit the project website.
EntreComp4Transition is a transnational European project with 15 partners in 5 countries, an alliance for innovation between the Chambers of Commerce network, VET, HE institutions and experienced training organisations.
EntreComp4Transition is led by Eurochambres, the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry, which represents the interests of 1,700 Chambers and their 20 million member companies from all economic sectors across 40 countries.
Partners from Belgium, Spain, Türkiye, Italy and Austria are working together to develop new, innovative, multidisciplinary approaches to teaching and learning paving the way towards the digital and green future.
This call of tender is launched in the framework of the grant contract number 101056333
signed between the European Union and Eurochambres on 20-05-2022 to implement the EntreComp for Transition Project.
2. Purpose of this call for expression of interest
About the pilot experience
After the design of new learning pathways based on the development of green, digital and entrepreneurial skills, the EntreComp4Transition project team aims at testing the new learning paths with professional trainers.
- The pilot experience’s objectives are:
- Adapting the blended methodology and MOOC to the new EU professionals (VET and HE students)
- Reinforcing/Creating networks for the development and testing of the learning path at VET and HE educational level.
- Offering tools and resources to educators from VET and HE institutions for introducing digital, entrepreneurial, and green skills in their classes, by testing and evaluating the blended learning methodology and tools in different contexts, countries, and levels of learning
- Facilitating a co-creation process with VET and HE educators, with the support of local ecosystems and experts, for the development of an innovative challenge resolution methodology and a roadmap for teachers to implement the pilot programme and contribute to the design of the final deliverables.
- Designing and developing exchange, collaboration, and mobility experiences for both educators and students involved in the pilot training.
- Monitoring and analysing the implementation process, gathering feedback and validation.
Expected activities and timeline
What we expect from you (and when):
- Introductory meeting
2h online meeting to meet the EntreComp4Transition team and the other selected participants; recap of the objectives and activities; Q&A session
- Local Training Phase of the trainers
A. Online Training – Testing the MOOC
Participating teachers will receive a training designed to better understand the importance of digital and green skills for their students, as well as entrepreneurial skills and, on the other hand, equip them with the necessary tools to introduce these skills into their classes and pedagogical curricula. They will be presented with the didactic guide and through several digital training sessions (MOOC), they will be trained for the development of the programme.
B. Live sessions
Trainers will participate in training sessions with experts who will facilitate their immersion in the tools and concepts proposed, but which will also be complemented by discussion groups, webinars, training pills, etc. These modules can be organised both face-to-face and online, so that they can adapt to the circumstances and needs of each country.
February – March 2024
- Validation Phase at European Level
3 days European Train-The-Trainers workshop in Extremadura, Spain. 10 selected trainers per country will experience the tools and the contents of the learning paths and will validate them, gathering feedback for further improvement. The cost of the mobility experience will be covered by the programme.
Mid-April, the week from 15 to 19 April 2024
- Testing the paths with learners
Trainers will complete the experience by adapting the resources and tools that have been provided into their own curricula, developing a proposal to implement the course with their students. It will be completed with an EU mobility scheme for some students, which will enable testing the acquired skills in a real environment (companies) and in the end, improving the methodology.
School year 2024-2025
Why you should participate in the pilot experience
- Have access to innovative learning materials;
- Contribute to the green and digital transition;
- Be part of the EntreComp Community, an entrepreneurial learning platform for entrepreneurial education, entrepreneurial competences and the EntreComp Framework; The EntreComp community is a global network *of people and organisations joining forces to transform learning – visit entrecomp.com to know more!
- Exchange ideas and inspiring practices with other VET and HE trainers from 5 different countries
- Get new tools and methodologies to foster your students’ skills
- Make them become green transition facilitators!
- Collaborate with ESG and ODS policy of your institution
- And last but not least… enjoy a collaborative workshop with colleagues in Extremadura (Spain)
3. Eligibility criteria and participation requirements
You can participate in the pilot experience if:
- You are a VET (EVET and CVET) or HE trainer in a European institution;
- You are working in one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain or Turkiye;
- You are able to attend at least 2 meetings at national level and to provide feedback on the MOOC and the blended methodology
- You are able to travel to Extremadura, Spain for validating the learning path at European level
- You are able to test the path with students (+18 years old) from EQF level 5 and 6 over the school year 2024/2025;
- You are able to speak and understand English at a good level, at least B2; This is an international pilot experience and the language of the pilot will be English;
- You have a specific interest in the activity and in the courses proposed, as well as in meeting counterparts from other European VET and Higher Education Institutions;
- You wish to acquire and apply sound knowledge on the proposed topic(s).
4. Visibility rules
The selected trainers will have to respect the EU visibility rules.
5. Private data protection
6. Application process
EntreComp4Transition offers a train-the-trainers pilot experience. Participation is possible for 50 trainers coming from 5 different countries (Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Turkiye). The pilot experience is from VET and Higher Education trainers from formal and non-formal education.
Participants will be selected by the project team, on the basis of their profile and motivation, as well as geographical balance.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Eligibility criteria
- Evidence of previous experiences and motivation
- CV in case you match with another colleague in the selection process to compare
Participants will attend on a voluntary basis.
Regarding the train-the-trainers which will take place for 3 days in Extremadura next spring 2024 (April), the EntreComp4Transition project covers all costs of participation for selected participants (lump-sum): travel to/from the training venue (Extremadura), visa costs, accommodation and meals during the training period, as well as the cost of training materials (if any).
Other voluntary personal expenses are not included.
How to apply and estimated timeline
If you are interested in being a participant of the EntreComp4Transition pilot experience and be part of the EntreComp Community, please complete the application form, highlighting your background and motivation.
Interested candidates should complete the Application Form in English by 10 January 2023.
Candidates will be notified of the selection results by 22 January 2024.